Closing date: 30/04/2018
Ecorys is a leading European research and consultancy company, specialising in economic, social and environmental matters. We have been bridging science and practice for almost 90 years. Focusing on complex market, policy and management issues, we provide our clients worldwide with a unique perspective and high-value solutions. Ecorys employs approximately 550 in-house professionals, across different offices in Europe and globally. We are an employee-owned company and our mission is to support our clients make and implement informed decisions leading to a positive impact on society.
Within this setting, Ecorys Brussels NV focuses on research, consultancy and service delivery for the EU Institutions (excluding EuropeAid). Projects are often executed in collaboration with other parts of Ecorys. At this moment the Brussels team consists of approximately 35 people working on a wide range of subject areas. Please consult our website www.ecorys.eu for further information about the company.
As a result of our growing portfolio we are looking to recruit a Consultant/ Policy Analyst with expertise on the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) and rural development policy.
RESPONSIBILITIES / JOB SPECIFICATION
You will be expected to manage and to contribute to projects in the fields of food, agriculture and rural development policy. This involves the development of research methods, the design of projects as well as proposal and report writing. Most of the projects will be conducted on behalf of the European Commission or related institutions. They often involve multiple partners. You will also contribute to Ecorys communication and outreach activities, involving presentations at conferences and workshops. You will maintain a network of experts and partners, and will collaborate with colleagues throughout Ecorys. Depending on your experience and skills we would discuss and agree with you the exact portfolio of your tasks and a career path for your future development in the company.
PROFILE / PERSON SPECIFICATION
- A university degree in agricultural economics, rural development or related subject;
- A track record of at least 3 years of work experience in a relevant field;
- An excellent level of written and spoken English developed through an extended period of study or work experience in an English-speaking environment;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills;
- Confidence and expertise with quantitative research, including familiarity with large data sets;
- Willingness and enthusiasm to work on a wide range of issues;
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative, to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- A very good knowledge and understanding of the functioning of EU institutions and key EU policies;
- A curious mind.
- Knowledge of evaluation and impact assessment methodologies;
- Experience with statistical software such as Stata or R.
- A fascinating job in a compact, international and diverse team, based in Brussels, at the heart of a leading European research and consultancy company;
- A dynamic setting and a stimulating business culture;
- Considerable room for professional and personal development and be part of a ‘learning organisation’;
- A competitive package of remuneration and benefits, tailored to the Belgian labour market.
Information: If you wish so, you may obtain further information from:
- Roelof-Jan Molemaker (Managing director) firstname.lastname@example.org, T +32 2 743 85 63,
- Olivier Chartier (Principal consultant) email@example.com, T +32 2 743 85 69.
Applications: Interested candidates are invited to send a CV and one-page cover letter in English no later than Monday 30th April 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews are likely to take place in Brussels. Candidates should be aware that a case study assignment may be part of the recruitment procedure and that references may be requested