Who we are
Ecorys is a global research and consultancy company which supports (semi-)public organisations in Europe and beyond in addressing key challenges to society. From research and evaluation through to project management and communications, we are leaders in providing hands-on support to our clients to achieve their goals. Our work informs a range of complex challenges including how best to educate Europe’s migrants, how to truly reduce child poverty in cities or how best to deal with Europe’s ageing population. Our 500 strong staff, working from offices in Europe and beyond, are justifiably proud of the quality of our work and our thought provoking research and policy work. Our teams work collaboratively to deliver projects with a truly global reach. We are currently delivering over 400 projects across 100 countries.
About the role
Ecorys is looking to recruit an Associate Director with experience of research and/or evaluation to join our growing Social Policy and Research team focused on European clients and the European market. Often working for the European Commission you might be:
- delivering a presentation in the European Parliament on how best to encourage the modernisation of higher education;
- leading a team of European experts to understand how big data can be used to better understand labour market change;
- designing an approach and analysing the results of a European wide survey on the extent to which Europe’s small businesses train their staff;
- writing an Action Plan with a partnership of EU cities to help them address rising homelessness in urban areas;
- liaising with European policy clients to determine their policy support needs;
- working with other Ecorys managers to identify the ‘next big thing’ in European Social Policy for the company to invest in.
We are looking for applicants with significant knowledge and understanding of European social policy, including education, training, employment, culture, sport, and youth, although knowledge of other social or economic policy fields could be an additional advantage. The ideal candidate will have strong experience of winning and delivering work for European institutions, ideally for the European Commission and its agencies. The role will also involve overseeing client liaison, bid development and execution of projects under large Supplier Frameworks set up by the Commission to deliver expertise, evaluation and studies support. Applicants should have a solid experience of qualitative and/ or quantitative research and/or evaluation methods. Strong communications skills and an excellent command of English (written and verbal) are essential to this role. You will be at your best working in a team-based environment, where you will have the freedom to grow your role and portfolio.
This is a full time and permanent role, based in our Brussels office. Part time hours will be considered.
What we are looking for
- Strong academic credentials up to at least Masters level in a subject relevant to social and economic policy;
- Relevant work experience in consultancy, research or evaluation;
- Knowledge of European public policy institutions;
- Ability to work in large multidisciplinary and multicultural teams;
- Strong qualitative and qualitative research skills;
- Commercial awareness and evidence of an entrepreneurial ‘can do’ attitude;
- Proven track record of winning work;
- Excellent written and spoken and English;
- Strong organisational skills.
- Additional EU language skills.
What we can offer
- A competitive salary including a 13th month, and an extensive package of fringe benefits.
- The opportunity for personal and career development in a cultivating environment.
- A truly international, dynamic team.
To apply for the position, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your motivation for working for Ecorys to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: 65-95.000 Euros per annum.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 09:00 hour CET on Monday 6th August 2018.
Please contact Toms Feifs (+32 2 743 89 03) for an informal discussion/further information if required.